Friday, September 18, 2009

All Good Things...

Good day everyone!

The leaves are starting to change colors, everyone is psyched for football, and school is starting. That must mean that Fall is here and Summer is over. It also means that Baseball Extravaganza 2009 will be coming to a swift end this weekend up in Seattle. For the last baseball game of the year, I will see the Seattle Mariners entertain the New York Yankees at Safeco Field.

The title of this blog signifies what I'm feeling. All good things must come to an end, and that is now. This will be a fitting cap to an extraordinary season that started way back on February 27 with the Ducks Home Opener.

The game this weekend will hold a lot of special meaning to me as it will be the 50th professional game I have gone to this season. In 2008, I went to 53, but this year had more diversity. I traveled thousands of miles to all corners of this continent going to baseball games. The wide variety of settings and games has made for a wild summer that I will surely never forget.

I will be leaving for Seattle tomorrow morning with a buddy of mine from high school. He has never been to Seattle before, so I'm going to take him to the sights in Seattle in the afternoon and evening. I've only been to the Pikes Place Fish Market once and I would kind of like to go again seeing that the people who throw the fish and all are wonderful entertainers.

On Sunday morning, we'll meet up with two more friends and go to the game. I've been to Safeco many times before, so the big plan for this game is just to have a lot of fun. I've gotten the keychain and shotglass, I've made the grades, so I'm just planning on enjoying this game to the fullest with some friends.

This past week has been very influential as some important developments have taken place. As many of you know, I have been nominated to join the Peace Corps next year. As a result, there may be a chance that this game up to Seattle will be my final baseball game here in the states until I return from the Peace Corps in 2012. That chance may be slim, but I'm still going to treat this as the last game.

I, as always, will be bringing the computer up to Seattle for updates to this blog. Also keep an eye out on my Twitter and Facebook pages as I will update them as well. This has been one heck of a ride and I plan on sending it out in style.

Before signing out, the Daily Emerald article about Civic Stadium and me will be on newsstands September 21. I am also working on a public presentation at the Creswell Library about Baseball Extravaganza 2009 around MLB playoff time featuring the 200+ pics I've taken and the stories from the road. I'll let you all know about that.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Always take on a 3-0 pitch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment